Philanthropy, NGO fundraising & Corporate Social Responsibility in the largest continent!
Friday, December 23, 2011
Fundraising's 'Passage to India'
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Non-profits urge SAFRG to take central role in fundraising advocacy
At the just concluded 22nd South Asian Fund Raising
The non-profit sector is raising funds under lots of disadvantages. The taxation laws in respect of accepting foreign currency donations are not very friendly. Besides, the laws that give greater incentives to donors and hence increase giving are a non-entity. Many other countries in the world have very supportive policies. Why does our government shy?
Recent TRAI- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India regulations on telecalling make it impossible for NGOs to raise money. Prior to Sept 2011 ruling, non-profits were exempt from embargo on calling. Now the commercial telecallers and NGO have been clubbed as one. This is very unfortunate. By one estimate NGOs raised close to INR 1000 million per year from telecalling. This is a big jolt to the sustainability of the sector. There is no one to listen to NGOs on this. Any effort to meet officials at TRAI fizzles out at the lower bureaucratic levels only.
Direct mailers used to be a successful source of raising money from general public. But right now the quality of postal services available in the region is very poor. Often, 40% of the mailers that NGOs send do not reach the addressees.
What NGO sector lacks is a representative body that advocates for the fundraising rights of the NGOs. The NGOs at the summit urged that SAFRG should play that role in bringing the sector together.
SAFRG has promised to soon call a meeting for all affected NGOs to chart the future course of action. More details on this space soon.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Asia's most awaited Fund Raising Summit is here!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Scholarships in Fundraising for Grass Root NGOs
Do not miss this opportunity. Call Ph: +91 11 25185110; Mob: (0)9540057641 (Vandana). Or send an email email@example.com urgently. Scholarships available to deserving candidates registering within next 7 days only.
- You do actual fundraising for leading NGOs in India. Therefore you leave the course with practical fundraising experience.
- Course conducted by leading fundraisers who have raised funds for CRY, HelpAge, UNICEF, SOS Children's Villages, Charities Aid Foundation, Plan, Sight Savers and many other NGOs.
- Leading CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) practitioners would tell you what they look for in an NGO.
- You get the SAFRG certificate that is valued well within the NGO sector.
- For people wanting to start a career in fundraising there could be job opportunities
- Economical Paying Guest facility for outstation candidates
- Duration- 20 days, Sept. 5-27, 2011, Mon-Sat, 9 am to 5 pm
- Course Fee: INR 27,000 (scholarships available for deserving candidates)
- Address of the Campus: J-1, Udyog Nagar, Peeragarhi, New Delhi – 110041, INDIA (near Peeraghari Metro Station, easily accessible by Merto from all parts of Delhi)
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Fundraising course that focusses on practical than classroom training
Friday, June 17, 2011
Smiling Hospital Foundation Of India
Is happiness only about buying a new dress, going to an exotic location, splurging on material things? Take a pause …..there’s more to life …..happiness also comes from the smiling faces of these lovely , not so blessed , sick children . Thank God for the little mercies and the opportunity to put a smile on their sad faces . Thanks to Smiling Hospital Foundation of
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
SAFRG is looking for a CEO
SAFRG- South Asian Fund Raising Group is looking for a CEO than can lead the fundraising think tank to future growth. Apply at the earliest by clicking on the link below.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
COMPANIES WILL REQUIRE SHAREHOLDERS CONSENT FOR CSR ACTIVITIES
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Earth Hour in Manila, Philippines
2. Text to Donate. You have your mobile phone with you? You can help!Text EHOUR to 5333 - to donate Php15 for Smart subscribers and Php20 for Globe subscribers and receive an MMS pictureText EHOUR ON to 5333 - to subscribe to the SMS information service and eco-friendly tips. Php 2.50/text. 3. Online Donation. We’re giving you the power to help while you are on your desk. Donate online by visiting www.wwf.org.ph/donate. Donations received shall help fund year-long information, communication and education drives on climate change that will start in April 2011.